Anchorage, AK 99508
Salary: $36.00 /hour
JOB TITLE: REGISTERED VASCULAR SONOGRAPHER
REPORTS TO: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR VASCULAR LAB | Classification: Non-exempt |Status: Full-time | Grade:
Performs all the essential function of the Registered Vascular Sonographer. Performs and evaluates sonographic examinations and physiologic vascular testing. Obtains clinical history and performs a physical assessment of the patient’s condition to determine appropriate testing protocol. Provides a technical interpretation of sonographic and physiologic data to aid physicians in rendering a medical diagnosis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- PROCEDURES: Performs a variety of diagnostic sonographic and non-invasive vascular procedures in accordance with department and national standards. Reviews the patient record prior to examination and obtains history from the patient.
- DOCUMENTATION: Responsible for accurately completing daily records necessary to meet accreditation standards. Timely ensures reports are appended to patient charts and or forwarded/presented to ordering physician as required.
- EQUIPMENT: Responsible for maintaining and basic troubleshooting of sonographic equipment. Optimizes equipment and supplies to maximize department operations and minimize patient time.
- SUPPLIES AND INVENTORY: Stocks work area daily. Will be involved in stocking general supplies.
- SAFETY AND EDUCATION: Complies with department safety standards. Completes education as necessary to maintain licensure required for employment. Assists in the orientation and training of new employees and interns.
- COMMUNICATION: Communicates with physicians, nurses and other members of the team concerning patient status, diagnosis, and/or related information to include clear and precisely present findings. Coordinates scheduling of tests.
- Implements care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.
- Performs other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Completion of an ultrasound program (minimum two year in length) and an Associate Degree in a related health care field or credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- Experience: Two years recent full time paid experience in vascular sonography.
- Licensure/Certification: Registry credentials with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. Preferred Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT).
- Attendance: Regular punctual attendance as scheduled is a requirement of this position.
- English Language: Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
To learn more about Alyeska Vascular Surgery LLC please visit www.avs-ak.com
Job Type: Full-time
Go to all jobs