Anchorage, AK 99508
Salary: $59,574.00 to $106,413.00 /year
Alyeska Vascular Surgery LLC a private practice with an excellent reputation, specializing in vascular, seeks to add a Registered Nurse to our team! Are you looking to join a growing practice with competitive pay, promotes work life balance, platinum level Alaska Club membership, full medical benefits, 401k, profit-sharing and places patients first? AVS might be a great fit for you!
This non-exempt Registered Nurse position provides nursing care to patients while collaborating with a healthcare team to deliver quality patient care.
Essential Duties, Functions & Responsibilities
- Administers and directs the nursing care of patients within the clinic and through telephone triage.
- Serve as a conscious sedation nurse or resource within outpatient based surgical lab.
- Supports and collaborates with the CNA/administrative staff to ensure safe, quality patient care.
- Anticipates patient and physician needs for each clinic and communicates appropriately with all other staff and departments involved in the care of the patient.
- Responds to and refers patients through phone triage for scheduling and prioritizing patient appointments, instructing patient and family about medications and treatment options.
- Facilitates and oversees patient referrals of tests and treatments to other offices or specialties for continuation of care while maintaining, reviewing and documenting pertinent information in the patient’s chart.
- Posts patient test and examination results, communicating with provider and patient to complete circle of care.
- Oversees inventory and ordering of medication and supplies observing appropriate disposal for expired items.
- Participates in staff development activities to maintain current professional knowledge and licensure.
- Obtain insurance pre-authorization prior to clinic appointments
- Triage of incoming referrals to our specialty clinic
- Provide call backs to post-surgical patients
- Answer patient calls
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Nursing Degree (Baccalaureate or Masters) from an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed to practice in the State of Alaska
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience of patient care
- Vascular Anatomy knowledge desired
- Prior leadership experience desired
- Superior communication & organizational skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation – Depending on Experience
- Benefits – Full medical, 401K, Profit sharing
Employee must be able to remain in stationary position for 75% of time, person needs to occasionally move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery etc. Constantly operates computer and other office productive machinery such as printer, fax, scanner, etc. Occasional requirement to position self to stoop, kneel, and or crouch when adjusting equipment or stocking supplies.
Person must frequently communicate with patients, employees and physicians to further ensure coordination of care. Must be able to lift weight of 15 pounds or less.
This Job Description reflects Alyeska Vascular Surgery’s best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described thus shall not serve as an all-inclusive description.
Go to all jobs